As always, I can’t.



– No, no! It would be fun joining those debating societies.

– Or you can also regard it as ‘distressing’ to me.

– People wait months to take part in these kinds of things, and you are just backing off at this point.

– Quite astonishing to hear this from you, Christine.

– Really? What’s even the point to not come there?

– Simple! I wanted to be a part of management only, and you’re dragging me into things I don’t know and understand.

– True, but your work has been published by college’s magazine, and people read your writing, why not you try debating?

– Understanding something isn’t really your thing, isn’t it?

– Very well said! I certainly don’t understand but you aren’t different either. Today you are sounding like Logan, pretty messed up.

– Wait, Logan also had difficulties talking to beloved ones and strangers. He wasn’t xenophobic like you said yesterday.

– X-men are generally xenophobic, or you can say human is towards them…, but this wasn’t the thing we were talking about. Come to the point, why are you not coming?

– You are an idiot, that’s why! I can’t be with someone like you.

– Zip it up! Only an idiot would talk like you. Come out of this app and I would tell you who is who.

– After all this time, have you ever wondered why we have not met outside this app? Like, we go to college every day and see each other from far, but not a single time have our eyes met or we have talked. Do you think all of this is a coincidence?

– Before reading this, I think yes.

– Come on, that’s the point. We have been talking to each other indirectly for a couple of years and in reality, we haven’t faced each other. Why do you think is this so?

– Does it even matter?

– Eventually, it will, and it does matter. I just want you to know that I’m not the type of person who can literally talk to people. I cannot face them, and by asking me to join what you have been wanting, I just can’t.

– For your kind information, I still believe you can rock that society, and it doesn’t matter what you said above, as it's same for me too. It’s always mutual.

– Girl, I sense some sensibility in you.

– Haven’t I thrown that shawl of insecurities and not be like you?

– I believe, yes. You’re not me after all.

– Joking! I will just pretend the next few days as if I’m all right once again.

– KILL ME.

– Like I wouldn’t?

– My friend, I still won’t join that freaking debating society.

Ends.


This was a writing challenge given to me on HITRECORD.

"Write an Alphabet Dialogue: start your first line with ANY LETTER, the next line will start with the FOLLOWING LETTER, and so on."

Comments