How to attain good grades in F.Sc

       
This question has been asked from me a million times since I completed my F.Sc four months ago. So here are a couple of tips that I would like to share with everyone.
Alright first things first, the transition from matric to F.Sc is not an easy one. In simple words, you have to jump from an atmosphere of more time and less syllabus to an atmosphere of less time and more syllabus. Most students still deal with F.Sc with the pre-made matriculate mind-set.
One must realize that F.Sc demands you to study daily. Cramming all the stuff you are taught daily thinking that at the end of the year you’ll know everything is a ridiculous and utterly impossible solution.
As a fresh undergraduate, I would suggest a simple and applicable solution that is to analyze the text and then cram the selective topics that will come in the exam. NO I am not suggesting you to take a guess or play a fluke but simply to find a shortcut. It is impossible for anyone to memorize the whole book before the exams.
Allow me to give you a simple example, the physics book of first year contains an article on momentum and collisions (in chapter 3 I presume). Now I’ve seen my fellow students cramming definition of momentum, proof of gun and bullet system and proof of “rate of change of momentum equals force” that we have already studied and memorized in grade 9th. Better would be to not waste your time there rather utilize it in memorizing “elastic collision and its derivation” which is a more important topic.
Therefore, I would suggest you to conclude the topics you’ve already studied, read them thoroughly and cram the more important stuff. Insha’Allah you will achieve the best possible grades.
My last piece of advice would be to remain cool and calm. Try to give a 100% input and do your best rather than worry and fret about grades. Think how much you could memorize in the time you spend worrying.
I sincerely pray that all my brothers get good grades in the upcoming exams. (Ameen)

Comments