"What If ?"

"What If ?"





I've always been one of those people who wondered "What if.....". Like any other child, my mind would always think creatively, innovatively, critically and independently. All sorts of questions stormed in my mind like "What if the sky falls?" "What if the sun dies off?" "What if aliens visit us?" "What if everything was made of chocolate?" "What if I was some other person?" "What if I was a superstar? Life would've been awesome."

As time passed by, these innocent questions turned into more rational and profound queries. I remember I was at a friend's house for a party one day. I was all alone, sitting in a corner, accompanied by all sorts of puzzled fantasies in my mind. My buddy came to me asked, "What's the matter, bro?" 

I started narrating all those 'what ifs' to him subconsciously. "What if life wasn't too complicated?" "What if we got another chance in life?" "What if tomorrow comes without me?" "What if I was never born?" " What if...."

He interrupted, "Hey Abdullah! What if you live a little for once?" That's it. Those were the words which I required all my life to get my head straight. I took the liberty to enjoy my life from then onwards. 

Maybe instead of focusing on the "What ifs", if we focus on "What is", our lives would become much more cheerful and the world would appear to be more colourful. We could live our lives to the fullest, instead of leading wasteful, depressing lives by appreciating who we are and what we've got. 'Cause in the end, that's all that matters.


Composed By : Abdullah Riaz

Comments